Reading Lists Online (RLO) is a reading list application that provides students with quick and easy access to books, e-books, journal articles and websites recommended for the modules they have registered for.
Library Services recommends that all academic staff use Reading Lists Online to create their reading lists. It gives students one consistent place to access their readings, and it enhances the students' learning experience.
What are the benefits?
The Reading Lists Online software enables academic staff to:
- Organise the list to suit the module structure. Quickly rearrange the order of the topics and resources listed.
- Incorporate different types of material, including print and online resources, websites, streaming videos.
- Add and remove items from your list of resources at any time.
- Add notes to individual items to provide guidance for your students.
- Integrate the reading list into Moodle.
- Notify the Library about items we should purchase or digitise for your module.
- Collaborate with other staff editing and populating the reading list.